“Welcome a New Day” is a great way for children to start the day in the morning and this session can be used during family grouping time. It is recommended to run any yoga or stretching activities before breakfast or after rest or sleep time.
Any educator can run this session.
But to run it successfully, you need to remember to:
- Keep the session simple
- Use clear instructions
- Make it exciting & fun
- Keep it achievable & age appropriate
- Make it educational & stimulating
- Written programming for the group & each child
- Written evaluations & reflections of the program
- Observation of children’s interests & extension of their experiences
- Discussions with older children & implementation of their ideas
- Invitation to parents to participate, contribute & evaluate
Swami Sarasvati said: “Instead of just putting years onto your life, put life into your years.”