Looking back at our Christmas email from last year, we were all looking forward to a brand new decade. A ‘momentous occasion’ was how we described the shift from 2019 to 2020. Well, it certainly was ‘momentous’, but not quite the way we had all hoped or could’ve possibly imagined. But
Here we are, ready to say goodbye to 2020 and while we always anticipate what a new year holds, we look forward to it now more than ever before!
Before we say goodbye to 2020, we think you should also take the time to celebrate what was achieved by individuals and communities through sheer resilience. We have been reflecting this past week and are so proud of our team’s achievements throughout the year:
- Hosting a Virtual Wellness Summit which delivered engaging and valuable professional development for our members
- Creating Music Kinder at Home: a remote music kinder group to support families, children and educators across the globe
- Mastering engaging Educators’ Support Online sessions
- Rebuilding our Bonkers Beat Music Kinder after extensive flood in July
- Planning and hosting virtual events including Juniors Music Morning at our Bonkers Beat Music Kinder, plus…
- A live and live-streamed Kinder Music Concert
- Sticking together and supporting our team through tough times
Make a list of your personal and professional achievements for this year, both individually and as a team – you’ll be amazed at what you managed to accomplish and should be proud!
Find ways to reconnect and replenish this festive season
After a year full of restrictions, reconnecting with loved ones is likely at the top of the Christmas wish list for many. Replenishing and relaxing are probably right up there too. And, so they should be.
Christmas is the perfect time to reconnect with friends and family members, especially those who we have not been able to see for a while due to restrictions, distance or life simply being busy. Spend time laughing, eating, drinking and being merry, basking in every moment!
Relax and Rejuvenate
It’s also a good time for reconnecting with the best version of ourselves. When we are stressed and overwhelmed, it can be hard to unwind and be our true selves, so create space for relaxation and replenishing yourself as the year comes to a close. These quick seven tips can help you do just that:
- Connect to nature
- Get moving
- Read a book
- Write in a journal
- Take a nap
- Watch a movie
- Meditate and breathe
Being together with your loved ones and just being in the moment is something we can all look forward to in the coming weeks.
From Christmas to Hanukkah to Orthodox Christmas or any special way you celebrate during this festive time, have a wonderful time surrounded by love and peace — you have earned it.
Wishing you all the very best for the rest of 2020 and willing a bright and beautiful 2021 for one and all.
Take care and stay safe — we’ll see you next year!